Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2011 Ride for Hope!

Motorcyling can be a somewhat selfish pleasure, especially if, like me, you spend most of your time riding alone.  However, after reading Irresistible Revolution a few years ago, I decided I really wanted to start living a life that is less about me and more about others.  So, I was thrilled the other day when I saw a poster for a fundraising ride for Crisis Pregnancy Center and Heart to Heart Pregnancy Resource Center, two local organizations that are "dedicated to providing accurate information, services, and support to individuals to help them make informed, life-affirming decisions about pregnancy, sexual integrity, parenting and post-abortion recovery."  I sent an e-mail to one of the organizers asking for more information, and just like that, I'm in.  Saturday, June 25th, I'll be joining a group of motorcyclists for the 2011 Ride for Hope!


View Directions to Hope, AK in a larger map

The route to Hope cuts through some of the most beautiful scenery in this corner of the world, and using my motorcycle as a tool to help raise money to help support these two organizations is a good way for me to begin living for others. My goal is to raise $500 in pledges.  So...if you would like to sponsor me (please!!!), add a comment below.  If you can help, I'd be very grateful :)  Or if you ride too, go to CPC's "events" page, fill out a registration form and join us on the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment